Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Movin' on up

About two week ago, we decided that it was finally time to move to a bigger house closer to LA. Our plan was to leisurely check out neighborhoods and get a feel for the rental market, with an eye toward moving in the next few months.

Seven days later, we had found a house, put in an application, gotten approval, paid the deposit, and booked movers. We will be in the new house by Christmas.

I'll admit that I'm a little type-A, and have trouble taking the laid-back approach. This time, though, it was Steve who was out there pounding the pavement, looking at new towns and new houses. I found myself wondering: who is this strange, fast-acting man? I have to say that I really dig him, because he found a great 4-bedroom house with a yard, in a historic town that still has a drugstore with a real, live soda fountain.

What do you think the odds are that Steve's new-found fervor will last through the packing portion of the move? (I'm putting my money on "slim to none.")

3 comments:

bubbasmama said...

hahahaha, poor steve! but yay because your new place sounds AWESOME! we are in the middle of moving hell right now and guess who is the one who is freaking out and packing bunches of boxes every day and guess who is the one who so far has packed 2 1/2 boxes of books? yes, well, they have other charms, don't they? don't they? ;)
can't wait to see pics of the new place!

Daniel said...

Poor Steve! He never gets any time to play video games... ;-p

Rachel said...

When you have a new address, send it my way!