Monday, April 19, 2010

Annie like it

I find that the kids are far more accepting of change when we talk to them, over and over again, about what is going to happen to them in the future. Right now I'm focusing heavily on "Mommy's Trip," which is slated for the end of the week. I've told them that I will go on the airplane and Daddy will take care of them: Daddy will make all their breakfasts, take them to school, pick them up, make them dinner, put them to bed, and get them up again in the morning. Then, after a little bit, I will come back. Annie has picked up on that, and throughout the day will reassure me that "Mommy always comes BACK!" But Ivan's much more interested in the motorized part of the story: he tells me that he's going to go on the airplane, too, and he will see me there.

I also try to prep them the night before preschool by asking questions and talking about what they're going to do there. Tonight, during their bath, we had this conversation:

Me: So, what are the names of the kids at school?
Annie: (sounds a little like) Jack.
Me: Jack?
Annie: Yes.
Me: What other kids are at school?
Annie: (big smile) NO-hah.
Me: Noah?
Annie: (Bigger smile) Yes. Annie like it!
Me: Annie likes Noah?
Annie: Yes. He's nice.

A little bit later:
Steve: (to Annie) Does Noah like Annie, too?
Ivan: (yelling) NO!!!!

Judging by the strong reactions from both my children, this Noah fella must be something special. I'm going to check him out when I pick the kids up tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a cliff-hanger! Looking forward to the Noah up-date.

bubbasmama said...

dude seriously!

Unknown said...

These are great stories. And do let us know who Noah is :)
When do you leave and when do you get back. I missed seeing the twins last weekend.